Scroll to Top

Roseanne show to return… without Roseanne

By newadmin / Published on Friday, 22 Jun 2018 09:22 AM / No Comments / 11 views



US television network ABC says it has ordered a spin-off of its Roseanne series – but without the star.

Roseanne Barr, a 65-year-old supporter of US President Donald Trump, was dropped earlier this month after a racist rant.

The new show – The Conners – will debut with 10 episodes in the autumn and features many actors from the Roseanne show, including John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf and Sara Gilbert.

In a joint statement, cast members said: “We have received a tremendous amount of support from fans of our show, and it’s clear that these characters not only have a place in our hearts, but in the hearts and homes of our audience.

“We all came back last season because we wanted to tell stories about the challenges facing a working-class family today.

“We are so happy to have the opportunity to return with the cast and crew to continue to share those stories through love and laughter.”

Barr will not be involved in the show, something she agreed to in order to save the jobs of the 200 cast and crew members, according to the show’s producer.

Roseanne, which returned to the screen after a 21-year break, had been the most-watched series on a major US network this year before it was suddenly cancelled.

That move came after Barr used Twitter to liken Valerie Jarrett, a former White House aide who is African American, to a product of the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet Of The Apes.

Despite her apology, ABC cancelled her show, saying that her tweet had been “abhorrent” and “inconsistent with our values”.

Leave a Reply

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com